Print Now
Close Window

Transferring From Vermont Tech

1.    Make sure that your new college is listed on your FAFSA information.  You may add your new college either by phone or electronically:

You may add the college electronically at  Make sure that you have your Department of Education PIN number.

You may call 1-800-433-3243 and request that the new college be added to your FAFSA information.  You will, however, need your DRN number found on your student aid reports to make the request.

You will be asked for the college code of the new college you with
to attend.  You may search for the appropriate number at this website:

2.    If you borrowed a Stafford student loan at Vermont Technical College for both fall and spring term and you will not be attending VTC for spring term, you will want to cancel the spring term disbursement.  You may do so by contacting the Financial Aid Office, 1-800-965-8790.

3.    If you borrowed Stafford loans, you will need to do the Loan Exit Counseling requirement.

4.    If you borrowed Perkins Loans, you will need to do the Perkins Loan Exit Counseling requirement.