How to Apply: Fill out the FAFSA Application
Vermont Techís School Code: 003698
The Department of Education encourages all students to file their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically. Students may file after January 1st of each year. Please follow these steps for successful filing:
- Request a personal identification number (PIN).
You should request a PIN so you can sign your FAFSA electronically. Your parents (if applicable) may also request a PIN if their information is required. Go to www.pin.ed.gov to request your PIN.
- Collect all required documents.
You will be submitting information from your completed federal tax forms. You must also list the amounts of untaxed income received, along with the amounts in investments and savings accounts. We encourage you use completed tax information, but when necessary estimated figures may be used to meet our Priority Deadline of March 1st.
- File your FAFSA on the web. (Vermont Tech School Code: 003698)
File your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov .
- Paper FAFSA's are available upon request from the Department of Education.
If you do not wish to file through the Internet, you may request that a paper FAFSA be mailed to you by calling the Department of Education at 1-800-433-3243.
- You may access your Student Aid Report (SAR) as soon as 24-48 hours after you electronically filed. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and choose "print student aid report."
- We will contact you once our aid office receives the FAFSA, we will send you a tracking letter indicating so and we will also request both student and parent SIGNED 1040ís (for dependent students) for the previous year.
- You will receive a financial aid award letter after we have received all required information. The award letter will tell you the types of financial aid you are eligible to receive and instructions on how to borrow student loans. We begin mailing freshmen award letters out the end of March and returning students will receive their award letters in June.