| A refund is issued for excess funds that have been applied to the students account after deducting tuition and fees that have been billed at the point the credit appears. Refund checks are issued on Wednesdays of each week, after the two week Add/Drop period of each semester, and ALL paper checks will be mailed out to the studentís home address that our office has on file and made payable to the student. They are not available for pick-up at the office.|
Students can receive their refund quicker by signing up for Direct Deposit of their refund check. This will ensure that the money is posted directly to their bank account in a timely fashion and they wonít have to wait for the check to arrive in the mail. To sign up for direct deposit of a refund check, follow the below steps: (Must be an Authorized User to set up Direct Deposit account)
- Go to http://portal.vsc.edu/
- Select VSC BILL PAYMENT tab at your left
- Log in again using your VSC User ID and password
- Select Refunds then choose Payment Profile
- Add a Payment Method, complete and check Refund Option Box. The account you enter will be where the refunds are sent.
Students/Parents must decide which account to deposit any excess money to as only ONE account can be entered. Credit cards cannot be entered to send a refund to, only a checking or savings account.