|A student requesting re-admission should understand that changes in courses and / or prerequisites might have occurred since their date of withdrawal, therefore the requested date of re-admission will take precedence over an earlier catalog enrollment date.|
- A student who exits the Respiratory Therapy Program for any reason is not guaranteed re-admission
- All re-admissions are on a space available basis and are reviewed outside of the standard candidate selection process
- At the time of withdrawal from the Respiratory Therapy Program, the student must have an exit interview with the Respiratory Therapy Program Director within 10 days of leaving the program to discuss a plan for re-entering the program at a later date. Applicants without early exit interview on file with the department will not be allowed re-admission to the program.
- A student who withdraws two times will not be re-admitted to the program.
Procedures for Re-Admission
- The applicant must contact the admissions office and request their application be reactivated and submit current transcripts.
- The applicant must submit a written request for re-admission to the Admissions Office at least 60 days prior to the requested date of readmission. This request will include a summary of work, educational or other life experience obtained since leaving the Respiratory Therapy Program.
- The Vermont Technical College Admissions Office will review the re-activated application packet, along with the plan for re-entering the program to determine whether re-admission will be granted or denied. All applicants will be notified in writing as to their application status.
- All applicants who have been out of the Respiratory Therapy Program for less than one academic year (9 months) must meet with the Respiratory Therapy Program Director to discuss skills updating including the possibility of remediation. This may require the applicant to repeat or audit course work, purchase new supplies and or textbooks.
- All applicants who have been out of the Respiratory Therapy Program for one academic year (9 months) or more must repeat the Respiratory Therapy curriculum in its entirety without exception. In addition, the purchase of new supplies and textbooks will most likely be necessary.