|The committee is charged with considering written student appeals of either College or program dismissals due to poor academic performance.|
Any student who believes that he/she was dismissed according to VTC academic policies but has significant mitigating circumstances should submit written appeal to:
- Meets twice per year
- Makes recommendations to grant or deny appeals to the Academic Dean
- Only written appeals filed by the date cited in the dismissal letter will be considered.
- Submission by email is acceptable
- Membership includes two full time tenured faculty, one full time tenure track faculty, two students in good academic standing who are in their second or subsequent year.
- AAC is chaired by the Associate Academic Dean who votes only in case of tie.
Vermont Technical College
Attn: Academic Appeals Committee, Rose Distel
PO Box 500
Randolph Center, VT 05061
The appeals will include:
- Students full name, address and College ID number
- A full explanation of the circumstances surrounding the appeal
- The AAC will meet to and make a recommendation to the Academic Dean
- The Academic Dean may discuss the appeal with the appropriate Department Chair
- The Dean will make the final decision on the appeal and notify the student in writing
- The Deanís decision is final and not subject to further appeal