Vermont Tech will offer annual Paramedic coursework beginning in the fall of 2015. This coursework will be delivered over 10 months and will include Field Internships.
- Valid EMT license
- Healthcare Provider level CPR card
- Two letters of reference from an ALS provider (Paramedic, Nurse, Physician) familiar with the applicant’s character, abilities, and capability to succeed.
- Successful applicants must complete a criminal background check, fingerprinting, drug screening, and a medical examination/history form to be eligible to work in the clinical and field settings.
Schedule and Campus Location
Classes will be held twice weekly. In order to serve the multiple areas of the state, the lectures will be conducted over Vermont Interactive Technologies (VIT) sites in Williston, Randolph, and Bennington. Lab and simulation will take place at the Vermont Technical College campuses in those locations as well. The class sizes are small to encourage student participation and learning. Only 6-8 students will be admitted at each site.
Clinical sites and field internship options exist in a variety of settings throughout the state and can be added to support students from different areas as needed. Students are able to schedule clinical and ride time based on their availability and travel needs.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- The Art of Paramedicine
- Principles of Paramedicine I
- Airway Management
- Medical Emergencies
- Principles II
- Special Situations
- Principles III
- EMS Operations
The summer consists of the field internship and any additional clinical experiences that are needed.
We have received a Letter of Review from the CoAEMSP/CAAHEP allowing us to run the program and our students to take the NREMT exam. The State of Vermont EMS Office has approved the course as well.
- Program Director Inge Luce, RN, Paramedic
- Clinical Coordinator Lisa Sullivan, RN, Paramedic
- Simulation Coordinator Shawn Hannux, FF, Paramedic
- Medical Director Daniel Perregaux, MD, FACEP, FAAEM, RDMS
- Fire Science Program Director Alex Northern, JP MPA.
We hope to include other expert EMS and medical professionals from throughout the state as well.