Home » About Vermont Tech » Orientation Programs » August New Student Orientation
August New Student Orientation
Who Should Attend
Residential students will move into their first semester room assignment. Commuter students can expect to stay through 5pm for activities and are invited to stay through dinner and evening social activities as well. Orientation activities and are invited to stay through dinner and evening social activities as well. Orientation activities will resume at 8:45 on Friday, August 17 and will continue through the afternoon with Welcome Weekend Activities starting at 2p.m. when students from all three orientation sessions will be on campus together.
- New students directly out of high school who did not attend the June orientations
- Students who have taken a year or two off and are now starting college who did not attend the June orientations
- Students who have taken some classes on-line or at a community college but have never lived on a campus who did not attend the June orientations
Both yourself and your parents here
Times and DatesThursday, August 16-17: Orientation for all new students at the Randolph campus who did not attend either of the June orientation session:
Start times Day #1:
End time for Day #1:
- Resident students: Arrive between 8:30a.m. and 9:30a.m. to drop off your things in your dorm room. There will be time in the evening to settle in.
- Commuter students: Arrive 9:30a.m. - 10a.m. to register for orientation.
- Parent Orientation. Arrive with your student. Parent programming begins at 10a.m.
- Parent orientation ends at 5p.m. Parents may meet up with their son or daughter between 5p.m. and 9p.m. to settle into dorm room and/or have dinner together, in the dining hall or off campus.
- Resident students stay on campus and continue through Day #2 and Welcome Weekend.
- Commuter students my leave at 5p.m. or stay for evening activities that run through 11p.m. They return at 8:30a.m. for Day #2 activities of Orientation and Welcome Weekend.
Student orientation activities resume at 8:35 a.m. and continue through 1p.m.
(Welcome Weekend Activities begin at 2pm)
For orientation be sure to bring these items:
- Comfortable clothing for a variety of weather conditions; layers work best.
- 2 pairs of comfortable shoes in case one gets wet; you will be walking and active!
- Sneakers for the gym
- A swimsuit for the pool (and goggles if you have them)
- Bug spray