The Vermont State Colleges (VSC) Student Health Insurance Plan has been developed especially for VSC students. The Plan provides coverage for sicknesses and injuries that occur on and off campus that includes special cost-saving features to keep the coverage as affordable as possible.
All full-time (12 or more credits) matriculated students are required to have health insurance and therefore will be billed UPFRONT the cost of the VSC insurance the first semester the student becomes full-time. If you have your own health insurance, you must complete the waiver form prior to the deadlines below for the semester in which you are billed the charge. Failure to do so will result in the student being automatically enrolled in the VSC insurance plan and will make the student responsible to pay the cost of the insurance.
To access and submit the waiver:
- Go to the VSC portal and log in
- Select Student Billing/Financials in Web Services
- Select Student Insurance Form
- Complete form entirely and make sure to electronically sign.
A confirmation email will be sent to your VTC email after proper completion of this form.
2016-2017 Coverage Details
- Annual cost: $1,945 for coverage period August 15, 2016 thru August 14, 2017.
- Spring only cost: $1,204 for coverage period January 1, 2017 thru August 14, 2017. Note that this is for new students and returning students entering in the spring semester as a full-time student. So if you are just entering Vermont Tech as a new student or were part-time in the fall term but become full-time in the spring term, you will be required to complete the waiver form if you have other coverage or require now the school's insurance.
- Fall term: September 30, 2016
- Spring term: February 15, 2017