The Vermont State Colleges (VSC) Student Health Insurance Plan has been developed especially for VSC students. The Plan provides coverage for sicknesses and injuries that occur on and off campus that includes special cost-saving features to keep the coverage as affordable as possible.
All full-time (12 or more credits) matriculated students are required to have health insurance. If you have your own health insurance, you must complete the waiver form prior to September 30, 2014 for entry in the fall 2014 term.
To access and submit the waiver:
- Go to the VSC portal and log in
- Select Student Billing/Financials in Web Services
- Select Student Insurance Form
- Complete form entirely and make sure to electronically sign.
A confirmation email will be sent to your VTC email after proper completion of this form.
If this form is not received by the deadline, you will automatically be enrolled in and charged for the insurance cost of $2,038.00 for the fall term, or $1,342.00 for new full-time spring entering students.
• Annual cost: $2,038 for coverage period August 15, 2014 thru August 14, 2015.
• Spring only cost: $1,342 for coverage period January 1, 2015 thru August 14, 2015. Note that this is for new students and returning students entering in the spring semester as a full-time student. So if you are just entering Vermont Tech as a new student or were part-time in the fall term but become full-time in the spring term, you will be required to complete the waiver form if you have other coverage or require now the school's insurance.
• Fall term: September 30, 2014
• Spring term: February 15, 2015