Vermont Tech’s growing community of international students enriches our living and learning environment daily. As our global perspective expands, the educational experience we offer becomes even more valuable.
The Admissions Office works closely with international applicants to assist with the application process. We can also help you understand your academic options, housing options, billing procedures, and anticipated costs.
We are large enough to provide a wide range of technical degree opportunities, yet small enough to provide individualized support to help you reach your educational and career goals.
As an international student at Vermont Tech you will work with a dedicated international mentor in the Center for Academic Success who can help with:
- Academic tutoring in all subject areas
- Technical assistance with any F-1 visa needs
- Support to assist with cultural adjustments
- English language support
- Cultural opportunities to explore Vermont and New England
At Vermont Tech, international students become part of a learning community that embraces a worldview of learning and the future of science and technology. For Admissions questions please contact Nate Ball, Assistant Director of Admissions. Contact our International Student Resource Coordinator, Kathleen Mason, for more information on services available to all international students at Vermont Tech. Additional information about studying in the USA on an F-1 visa is available from the U.S. Department of State.
If you are an international applicant, please submit the following:
- Completed application
- $47 application fee (payable to Vermont Tech)
- Official secondary school (high school) transcript that is in English or translated by a credentials evaluation service
- Official college/university transcript (if applicable), reviewed by a foreign credentials evaluation service. Here is a list of evaluation service providers if you need it.
- Official TOEFL score if English is not your first language. The minimum score required is 500 for the paper test, 173 for the computer test and 61 for the internet test. IELTS is also accepted with a recommended score of 5.5 or higher for all Engineering, Allied Health and Professional Pilot Technology majors. A score of 5 or higher will be accepted for the following majors: Business Technology & Management, Computer Information Technology, Construction Practice & Management, Diversified Agriculture, and Landscape Design & Sustainable Horticulture. The Pearson Test is accepted with a score of 44 or higher recommended.
- Official financial statement indicating your ability to pay one full year of tuition, room, and board. Financial documents must be on official bank letterhead and must be provided before an I-20 can be issued. A government scholarship letter will also be accepted.
- A copy of your passport information page with your complete name, date of birth, country of birth and country of citizenship via email
- Please note: For important forms and information about visiting, housing, and fees, please visit the Accepted Students section for international students.
- After receipt of all supporting documents, we require a telephone or Skype interview. Please email us to arrange an appointment.