Your last year of high school could be your first year of college.
If you're a motivated high school student ready to experience an early college program in a safe and secure setting, consider VAST. The Vermont Academy of Science and Technology (VAST) is an independent, accredited high school exclusively for high school seniors. At VAST, students receive a high school diploma and complete a year of college at the same time.
VAST students can choose to live on the Randolph Center campus with other VAST students or commute to either the Williston or Randolph Center campus.
- Any 11th grade student is eligible to apply to either the Randolph Center main campus or the Williston campus. Students come from all areas of Vermont and from surrounding states as well.
Students who excel in the VAST program typically:
- Have a passion for math and science
- Have completed most of the upper-level courses offered at their high school, or
- Have been home-schooled and want to obtain a high school diploma while earning college credits tuition-free
- Are looking for a program that includes a peer group that is as passionate about learning as they are
- Are academically curious and enjoy a challenge
- VAST has been approved as a tuition-free program for Vermont students by the Vermont State Legislature since 1988. Students are expected to cover the cost of books and any applicable fees.
- VAST students who elect to continue their education at Vermont Tech may be eligible to receive a VAST Forward scholarship.
Grow exponentially: Apply now.