Agribusiness Management Technology
- Type of Degree: Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
- Location: Randolph Center Campus
- Credit Requirements: 64
Interested in combining your interests in agriculture and business into a single degree? Our students benefit from both classroom instruction and practical laboratory experience, which includes use of the extensive facilities at the college farms. You'll learn to understand the income and expense sources of varied agricultural businesses; prepare and assess an agribusiness business plan; understand marketing principles; delve into small business management, including payroll and human resources; and competently represent agriculture in all venues.
Graduates of this program generally pursue careers with the industries and agencies that serve production agriculture. Some typical career choices include: sales and service representatives for feed, fertilizer, and equipment industries; inspectors of milk and other agricultural products; rural credit officers; or specialists with agencies such as the Dairy Herd Improvement Association, the Soil Conservation Service, and the Peace Corps.
Students who complete a degree in Agribusiness Management Technology can transfer seamlessly into bachelor’s programs in Business or Diversified Agriculture.
Students with an Associate of Applied Science in Agribusiness Management Technology will:
- Understand the income and expense sources of varied agricultural businesses
- Adequately prepare and assess an agribusiness business plan
- Prepare income and expense accounts
- Understand marketing principles
- Understand small business management including payroll and human resources
- Competently represent agriculture in all venues
- Scholarships: Central Vermont Tractor Club Scholarship, George F. Wellman Memorial Scholarship, Henry G. Chase Memorial Scholarship, Lang Farm Scholarship, Leroy D. Ware Memorial Scholarship, Robert & Margaret Churchill Memorial Scholarship, Vermont Morgan Corporation Scholarship, Webster-Steiner Agriculture Scholarship Fund, Commonwealth Dairy Scholarship
News & Events
- I am able to dig in and get my hands dirty in the field during class.
- I enjoy Vermont Tech’s small class size.
- I am so happy to know more about landscaping than I ever thought possible.
- I am incredibly happy with my choice.
- Vermont Tech’s Ag program is like one big family.
- I get lots of experience at the farm and in the classroom.
- I work 40 hours a week at a bank and take six classes.
- I am pushing myself to always make the Dean’s List.
- I look forward to earning my degree.
- My professors know me by name
- I am a student leader
- I am a peer mentor to other students
- Started the Multicultural Club at Vermont Tech
- I’m a TRIO mentor and tour guide.
- I’m pursuing my dream career.
- I’m doing this all on my own, but feel supported at school.
- I’m excited to be getting into my field quickly.
- I work in the Student Affairs Office.
- I plan on enrolling in the Manufacturing Engineering Technology bachelor’s degree program next year.
- I want to figure out a way to give back to the manufacturing community after I earn my degree.
- I’m hooked on flying
- I can rebuild a damaged airplane
- I attended the Women in Aviation Conference
- I can’t wait to join the U.S. Forest Service
- I enjoy activities on campus, such as bowling, go-carting, and apple picking.
- I am so pleased I chose the Vermont Tech Dental Hygiene Program.
- As a student, I’ve learned how to prioritize my time and learn new study habits.
Education & Career Opportunities
Percent Job and Advanced Education Placement Rate in Agribusiness Management Technology
Vermont Tech Agribusiness Management Technology student outcomes are strong. The class of 2016 had a 100% job and advanced placement rate within six months of graduation. Many students have internships while they’re in college that lead to full-time employment after graduation.
We would love to meet you and personally introduce you to the Vermont Tech community.