Ready to take your HR career to the next level? We can help.
Whether you’re new to HR or have a few years of experience, we have the tools you need to advance your career and confidently handle your organization’s complex HR issues.
Have a few years of HR experience? Then SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP™ certification is for you. If you are new to HR or "wear all the HR hats" in your organization, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course will help you grasp the roles and responsibilities of HR in business.
Achieving major career goals is challenging and time consuming. But, the road to success is easier when an experienced guide provides a roadmap and keeps you on track. If your goal is HR certification, we’ll lead you to success. Our instructors focus on critical exam content, and our structured classroom environment accelerates learning and improves retention. Sign up now and jumpstart your career!
SHRM CP-SCP Certification Exam Preparation training - starts January 30, 2017 (Williston); April 29 (Rutland); and November 4, 2017 (Williston)
SHRM CP-SCP Certification Exam Review Session - June 3, 2017 (Rutland) or December 2, 2017 (Williston)
SHRM Essentials of HR Management - October 12 & 19, 2017 (Williston)
For additional information, contact Laureen Gauthier.
SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™ Certification Preparation Course
Our SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking credentials that focus on identifying and testing the knowledge and practical real-life experiences HR professionals around the world need to excel in their careers today.
Earning your SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential establishes you as a recognized expert in the HR field. These new certifications recognize that HR professionals are at the core of leading organizational success:
- Built on one singular Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK™) designed to elevate the HR profession around the world.
- Tests the HR professional’s competency—the ability to put that knowledge to work through critical thinking and application.
- Demonstrates that the HR professional is a technical expert and has mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies, through practice and experience, to drive business results.
This certification preparation program covers four knowledge domains: People, Organization, Workplace and Strategy as well as eight behavioral competencies; Leadership & Navigation, Ethical Practice, Business Acumen, Relationship Management, Consultation, Critical Evaluation , Global & Cultural Effectiveness, and Communication. For more information on these new credentials visit www.SHRMCertification.org
This intensive program combines expert instruction with the 2016 SHRM Learning System, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track as you prepare for the exam.
As an added advantage, we use the SHRM Learning System, which has a long and established track record of helping HR certification candidates beat average pass rates. It features relevant HR content and advanced tools that streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
Who should enroll?
- HR professionals qualified under SHRM requirements for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification who are preparing for the exam.
- Individuals who want advanced education and training for a successful HR career.
- HR professionals wanting a broader education or to update their HR knowledge.
- HR professionals who want to enhance their marketability by gaining current HR knowledge.
- Eligibility Criteria
SHRM Essentials of HR Management
The SHRM Essentials® of HR Management course can help employees and companies increase HR knowledge that is critical to overall business success.
- Attain knowledge and practical HR skills to effectively approach challenging HR issues.
- Gain expertise in areas of HR that are broader than the normal scope of your job.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations.
- Learn techniques for handling HR challenges through interactive case studies.
- Utilize the print materials and one-year access to the online tools as a comprehensive source of HR information.
- Earn up to 1.25 CEUs or 12.5 PHR/SPHR/GPHR recertification hours and a certificate upon completion.
Who can benefit from this course?
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course provides a solid foundation in HR management across many different job functions and career paths, including:
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a career option or want to enhance their resume with HR skills
Visit the SHRM site for further information.
Join the Vermont SHRM Chapter
For more information, contact Laureen Gauthier.