Ready to take your HR career to the next level? We can help.
Whether you’re new to HR or have a few years of experience, we have the tools you need to advance your career and confidently handle your organization’s complex HR issues.
Have a few years of HR experience? Then PHR/SPHR certification is for you and the SHRM Learning System® will help you get there. If you are new to HR or "wear all the HR hats" in your organization, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course will help you grasp the roles and responsibilities of HR in business.
Achieving major career goals is challenging and time consuming. But, the road to success is easier when an experienced guide provides a roadmap and keeps you on track. If your goal is HR certification, we’ll lead you to success. Our instructors focus on critical exam content, and our structured classroom environment accelerates learning and improves retention. Sign up now and jumpstart your career!
This PHR/SPHR course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management. Thousands of HR professionals have earned their PHR or SPHR certifications by using the SHRM Learning System.
The 2014 SHRM Learning System is filled with new features, including innovative SmartStudy tools that help streamline your study time and build confidence for passing the certification exam.
The SHRM Learning System includes six modules covering the entire HR Certification Institute body of knowledge increasing your chances to pass the PHR/SPHR exam.
- Module 1 Business Management and Strategy
- Module 2 Workforce Planning and Employment
- Module 3 Human Resource Development
- Module 4 Compensation and Benefits
- Module 5 Employee and Labor Relations
- Module 6 Risk Management
The SHRM Essentials® of HR Management course can help employees and companies increase HR knowledge that is critical to overall business success.
- Attain knowledge and practical HR skills to effectively approach challenging HR issues.
- Gain expertise in areas of HR that are broader than the normal scope of your job.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest laws and regulations.
- Learn techniques for handling HR challenges through interactive case studies.
- Utilize the print materials and one-year access to the online tools as a comprehensive source of HR information.
- Earn up to 1.25 CEUs or 12.5 PHR/SPHR/GPHR recertification hours and a certificate upon completion.
Who can benefit from this course?
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course provides a solid foundation in HR management across many different job functions and career paths, including:
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company
- Business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a career option or want to enhance their resume with HR skills
Visit the SHRM site for further information.
Join the Vermont SHRM Chapter
The testing body for the PHR and SPHR exam is HRCI. Visit their site for certification information, test dates and to schedule your exam.
For more information, contact us.