Applied learning plus expert instructors yields technical proficiency—a level of knowledge and understanding that you can use on the job right away.
Vermont Tech Green Trainings teach the skills you need to increase your expertise, expand your work opportunities, and keep your professional edge. Our regular course rotation, evening and weekend options, and convenient training sites around Vermont mean you can get the training you need in a way that meets your schedule and budget.
From brief focused courses to longer intensives leading to high-level certifications, Vermont Tech Green Trainings is growing to serve a range of students and professions. Many of our courses also offer Continuing Education Units(CEUs) to help you maintain certification and stay current in the field.
We invite you to grow your business, to expand your career options, doing work that leads to a more sustainable future. Put Vermont Tech Green Trainings to work for you.
- Installation of Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - December 13, 2014
Drive Electric Vermont and the Vermont Energy Investment Corporation are sponsoring a free training for Vermont electricians and electricians in training on the installation of electric vehicle charging stations.Electricians from DK Power, a Rhode Island-based electric contractor with extensive experience installing charging stations, will be facilitating this training.
- Wetland Delineation
- Weatherization and Home Performance
- Renewable Energy
- Engineering, Municipal, Wetlands
- Alternative Fuels
- Health & Safety
- Senior Certified Sustainbility Professional
- Project Management
- Certified Green Supply Chain Professional
Yestermorrow and Vermont Tech have partnered to offer a variety of courses for college credit!
Students of all ages have an opportunities to learn critical green jobs skills through a new partnership between Yestermorrow Design/Build School and Vermont Technical College. Both VTC undergraduate and continuing education students will be able to enroll in a selection of Yestermorrow’s one-week intensive workshops for college credit, through VTC’s Sustainable Design and Technology program.
2014 Spring Credit Classes
- Feb 9-14 Permaculture for Regional Planning: Ecological Models of Economic Development (3 Credits)
- Feb 15-16 Green Rehabilitation & Deep Energy Retrofits (1 Credit)
- March 9-14 Less is More: Designing the Small or Tiny House (3 Credits)
- Apr 5-6 Biomimicry: Applying Life's Principals in Sustainable Design (1 Credit)
- Apr 20-25 The Stack Effect: Natural Heating, Cooling, & Ventilation (3 Credits)
2014 Summer Credit Classes
- July 11-13 Biofuels (1 Credit)
- July 13-18 Green Roof Design & Installation (3 Credits)
- Aug 2-3 Super Insulation for Net Zero Energy Homes (1 Credit)
Students registering for credit will receive a VTC transcript at the end of the course. All Yestermorrow courses will appear on the transcript as SDT 1710-T 1 Special Topics in Sustainable Design Technology.
This is equivalent to an introductory level elective with no prerequisites.
Tuition is paid to VTC directly and each credit is charged at $362 plus a $30 per credit processing fee. The total to register for a 3 credit class through VTC is $1176.
To register for any of these courses through VTC, please call the Yestermorrow office at 802-496-5545 and we’ll walk you through the process.