Our Agriculture & Food Systems trainings support students and farmers with educational opportunities related to animals, plants, soils, food systems, sustainability, business, and management.
Training farmers to develop and synergize diverse agriculture operations on the same farmstead will make them stronger all-around competitors in the food production market, as well as become more economically sound.
Vermont Tech offers studies, trainings and internships in:
- Green House Management and Technical Skills - March 31-April 1, 2015
- Brewing: Science, Safety, Sensory, and Skills - May 11 - May 17, 2015
- Project Management
- Small Business Management
- Introduction to Quickbooks 2015
- Quality Control
- Distribution and Logistics Management
- Distilling - May 4-9, 2015
The agriculture component of the Continuing Education and Work Force Development Department is administered through the Institute for Applied Agriculture and Food Systems. These workshops, trainings, courses, and internships are open to students, farmers, agriculture professionals, schools, and anyone seeking to expand their knowledge in sustainable agriculture practices.