Our Agriculture & Food Systems trainings support students and farmers with educational opportunities related to animals, plants, soils, food systems, sustainability, business, and management.
Training farmers to develop and synergize diverse agriculture operations on the same farmstead will make them stronger all-around competitors in the food production market, as well as become more economically sound.
Vermont Tech offers studies, trainings and internships in:
- Dairy - November 22, 2014 start
- Vegetable Production - Agricultural Adaptations to Climate Change in Chiapas, Mexico - January 26–February 6, 2015
- Cheesemaking - coming soon!
- Vitaculture - January 6-8, 2015
- Brewing - starting May 11, 2015
- Project Management
- Small Business Management
- Quality Control
- Small meat production - Coming soon!
- Maple Syrup production - December 1-3, 2014
- Welding - Coming soon!
- Wildcrafting - Coming soon!
The agriculture component of the Continuing Education and Work Force Development Department is administered through the Institute for Applied Agriculture and Food Systems. These workshops, trainings, courses, and internships are open to students, farmers, agriculture professionals, schools, and anyone seeking to expand their knowledge in sustainable agriculture practices.